Saturday, August 27, 2011

Homemade Tree Pillow!

So I was looking for fun, new crafts to do, and I stumbled upon a tree pillow, and decided to give it a try!


You will need:
  • 10-15 pieces of scrap fabric
  • 1/2 yard of fabric (your color choice for the actual pillow)
  • Fabric Fuse
To Start I took a piece of a cereal box and created a template for my leaves

Then I traced my cut out over top of my scrap fabric, and cut out 20 or so leaves


I then took my 1/2 yard of fabric, folded in half, and began places the leaves where I wanted them to be. I kept them in place by putting Fabric Fuse on them before attaching them to the pillow

Once these were in place, I cut out a tree trunk out of brown scrap fabric, and attached it the same way with the fabric fuse!

With everything in place, I used my sowing machine to sow on each leave, and around the tree trunk. I then placed the pillow inside out and sowed around the edges leaving only a small hole to put the stuffing in. I put the pillow right side out and stuffed it with pillow stuffing. I then sowed the small hole that was left open, and my pillow was complete!




It turned out great, I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I LOVE this! I need a sewing machine... and then I need to learn how to USE it... so I can make things like this!

    ReplyDelete